Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z900 brown paint set

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

bakey
100Club
100Club

Z900 brown paint set

#1 PostAuthor: bakey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 am

Hi everyone.

I know jack recentley asked for a diamond green paintset for his Z900 and doesnt seem to have had much joy so i thought id try and see if anyone had a brown one in usable condition?

to be honest hutch has just messaged me and told me he has a set in ready for painting and i cant decide which colour to go for...green is very popular but there is something quite nice about the brown. Seems a bit more unique and individual maybe?

Note to all the thread hijacking police :wink: im asking for a paintset, but also opening the thread up for some discussion :shock: it can be done.

so if anyone has a brown set give me a shout please :D
''Who's motorcycle is this?''

bakey
100Club
100Club

#2 PostAuthor: bakey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

might be good for the likes of jappen and anyone else with a standard colour z900 to put some pics in here? green and brown so we can compare cos i really cant decide :??

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 am

Andy, i was never a fan of the brown colour scheme, i guess the few that i had seen over the years just didn't appeal. I always thought that the green was a lot nicer [and obviously more popular].
However... after seeing Jaapens and Steve Cookes, i'm not so sure.
You will have to make your own decision, whatever you decide, i am sure will look good.
Sorry, not much help really!
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

bakey
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: bakey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 am

agreed phil, same here. Initially preferred the green but the brown is definately growing on me.

You shouldnt think like this but if i ever came to sell the bike :shock: i think the green would be easier to sell and maybe fetch more money? bit like trying to sell a car thats not a popular colour

Ron Christie
Regular Poster

Before you go green

#5 PostAuthor: Ron Christie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm

When I was a kid I bought a new green A4 I remember the salesman offering me my choice of the two colours. I took one look at the s**t brown one and said to him,I'LL TAKE THE GREEN ONE. Truth is I went in to buy a 75 Z1 but they were all sold and the 76 KZ's were now on the floor.
I've had several Z1's over the years in various shapes and forms,(rickman frame, etc) anyway two years ago I restored a 76 Brown A4 just because that was the colour it was when I found it. I replaced the tank but the tailpiece and sidecovers are the original paint. You know the more I look at it the more I like it, or maybe I've just come to accept s**t brown.

I'll try and post a couple of pictures if it doesn't work the pictures can be seen at. http://picasaweb.google.com/Ronachristie/MYKZ900#

Check out the matching key fob that I kept from my original KZ900 they gave that to me with my green A4 back in 76 I guess they didn't have a green one??http://picasaweb.google.com/Ronachristie/MYKZ900#

bakey
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: bakey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:41 pm

that looks awesome :twisted:

im thinking of going brown!

PJ
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: PJ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Ron, no doubt that is a beautiful bike :D :D
WHO NEEDS DRUGS - WHEN YOU HAVE A ZED!!

mikey
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: mikey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Nice job ron very tidy looking a credit to you.
Making the world a shiny place with a factory finish

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: mick znone » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:47 pm

i cant buy own brand yeast extract anywhere at the moment and neither can my sis, we can only find marmite :o
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: mick znone » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:52 pm

i prefer the brown but why not leave it the colour it is bakey :?: or paint it a different colour all together, i had a 900a4 painted in metallic red, it was a belter, not rivet counting are you :roll: :D
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Davy Doherty

#11 PostAuthor: Davy Doherty » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:44 pm

Here you go Very nice bike indeed Ron,

bigmac103
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: bigmac103 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 pm

How about a brownish red!! (photoshop)

Lost in the desert somewhere

bigmac103
100Club
100Club

#13 PostAuthor: bigmac103 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 pm

How about blue?

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#14 PostAuthor: mick znone » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Image how about shiny red

bigmac103
100Club
100Club

#15 PostAuthor: bigmac103 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:55 pm

I think green is still mean. I had a brown/orange Z1A back in '76 my buddy had a brand spanking new green Z900 which I thought was the dogs bollocks. It was me that was green (with envy). Out of the 8 colour schemes for the Z's by far the green one was the sleekest.

Return to “Wanted Adz”