Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Throttle response

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Scot08
Regular Poster

Re: Throttle response

#16 PostAuthor: Scot08 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:48 pm

No air filters, no air box, just aluminium velocity bells, and a GPZ 1100 full standard exhaust system, but I’m looking for a good replacement exhaust or silencer to fit to the bike. cant afford a new Kerker system . So alternative recommendations would be fantastic :D
**DT80, CB250rs, GT750, CR500, CR250, DR800, Tiger800, Daytona675, XT550, KZ1000j1, KZ1100r1.

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm

The Delvic stainless steel 4-1 are good value for money.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 am

ADRIAN H wrote:The Delvic stainless steel 4-1 are good value for money.

I think the downpipes are a little bit small diameter for an 1100R (they're correct for a Z1000J) so you'll get good midrange but won't get as much top end as you would with a Kerker or Vance and Hines, the downpipes are a little bit long as well, which will again boost the mid range at the expense of the top end.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

rickm
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: rickm » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:45 am

Julian_Boolean wrote:

I think the downpipes are a little bit small diameter for an 1100R (they're correct for a Z1000J) so you'll get good midrange but won't get as much top end as you would with a Kerker or Vance and Hines, the downpipes are a little bit long as well, which will again boost the mid range at the expense of the top end.

Another good thing about them is that you can access the oil filter without removing everything :D (at least on a J you can !)
H2B GPZ900R

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#20 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 pm

rickm wrote:
Julian_Boolean wrote:

Another good thing about them is that you can access the oil filter without removing everything :D (at least on a J you can !)

And on an 1100R, they look like a copy of the Kerker road pipe that was supplied with US market 1000Rs just with slightly smaller downpipes, you can buy just the front pipes and use a straight pipe for the rest of the exhaust, I've done this with my Kerker, I think the pipe, a baffle and mounting clamp came to under £30, it sounds good, no idea what it'll ride like until April
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Return to “Bike Help”