Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Thou A2 master cylinder paint.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

Thou A2 master cylinder paint.

#1 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Just re-furbing an A2 master cylinder what's the best paint finish for leaving it looking standard?

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Thou A2 master cylinder paint.

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Kev
mat-satin black is the best option . Try to find a very hard paint that can resist the brake fluid. I use Selemix , a 2 component black paint which has a 10% gloss (so rather dull) finish. I apply it with a spray gun. That paint is resistant to the brake fluid. I use it on every brake part (calipers, 3 way junction etc).
The correct mix is 4 parts of paint, 1 part of hardener and 1 part of thinner( cellulose thinner, yes cellulose). When you apply more hardener the gloss percentage of the paint rises.
Good luck!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Thank you Phillipe, i have no spray equipment so cannot do it the same way, i will be moving the M.C on after i have finished the re-furb and the only reason for the re-furb is that the non obtanium diaphragm is in perfect condition.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:16 am

Hi Kev
if you want to obtain a MC repair set for the diafragm take a look at classickawaparts.nl .
In the "remmen" (brakes) section you can obtain it! Just in case...you never know.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Looking at selling this, It owes me £110. it's a tokiko 5/8 A2 twin disc, been re-sleeved in stainless, new o ring between reservoir and body new piston and seals, painted. full working order now. what's a fair price for it?

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

Hi Kev
sorry mate, I can't tell you how much people are willing to pay for it.
If it costed you £110 I'd say go for that price or a bit more. Good luck !
GrtZ
Philippe

Return to “Bike Help”