Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

clocks

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: clocks

#16 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi John
good to see you're back and that you've started with the rebuilt!
Looks good to me, keep us updated with more pictures! We all like that!
Let the good times roll !
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

john richardson
new poster

Rebuild

#17 PostAuthor: john richardson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi Philippe. I will post pictures as i go along with the build, but i only get Saturdays to work in the garage, got a prblem as i have an oil leak getting onto the stator. , so thats a step backwards.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: clocks

#18 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi John

what do you mean by an oil leak on the stator? Do you mean the alternator? The stator and the rotor run in oil, it comes from the engine and it's supposed to be like that. As long as the oil stays inside the engine it's OK.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Steering lock

#19 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am

john richardson wrote:Hi i need some help again , can any one tell me how to remove the steering lock from thr Z1R im rebuilding the only problem is the bike came with no keys

Just to let you know that if you get a replacement steering lock from Z-Power, the rivet that retains the swivel plate is not long enough to retain it, it will fall out so beware. If you can buy a genuine K rivet that would be much better.
I know as I've just done two Z1R-TC steering locks.
Regards Will
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

Return to “Bike Help”