Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Idle dies when bike is upright

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Harris995
new poster

Idle dies when bike is upright

#1 PostAuthor: Harris995 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:10 am

A strange thing has just started with my Z900. The bike would die when stopping at junction or the like. Tweaked the idle adjuster whilst bike was on side stand, and all seemed fine. But once the bike is upright, after a few seconds, the revs die away and the engine finally stalls. I did discover a droplet of what seemed like oil on one of the carbs drain screw, but could this just be a red herring?

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Idle dies when bike is upright

#2 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 am

Harris995 wrote:A strange thing has just started with my Z900. The bike would die when stopping at junction or the like. Tweaked the idle adjuster whilst bike was on side stand, and all seemed fine. But once the bike is upright, after a few seconds, the revs die away and the engine finally stalls. I did discover a droplet of what seemed like oil on one of the carbs drain screw, but could this just be a red herring?

Might be worth checking your float heights... could be one carb that's low causing the stall.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Return to “Bike Help”