Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

GPz1100 carb issue?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Steve H

GPz1100 carb issue?

#1 PostAuthor: Steve H » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi all, here's my problem, I have a GPZ1100B2 which is difficult to start and then will not rev properly, it has recently been fitted with a set of 34mm Mikuni CV carbs (I think from a Suzuki 1100), pod filters and a Motad four into one, as everything else is correct (new plugs and shims adjusted etc etc) and the carbs are the new addition so I'm assuming this is the problem?
The jets at the moment are :
Mains 120
Pilots (with rubber bug) 45.
Can anyone help Pleeeeeeze :D it driving me mad :cl

There will also be an issue with balancing the carbs, no vacuum take-offs, does anyone know of a set of carb inlet rubbers from another bike that will fit this bike but have the take-off? Mind you I can't do this until the bike will keep running rightish :angry

P.s Thanks to Jack (londons burning) for lending me his fuel tap..your a star!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Bunging any different carbs on (even from a similar bike) can be a hassle :evil:

CV carbs can be a pain to tune........ especially without the std filter box :!:

Pilots sound a bit big :?: Check with the Kawasaki manual for CV carb settings & compare .... but non CV are better to sort :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Return to “Bike Help”