Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

spewing oil

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

spewing oil

#1 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 pm

well i am well and truly in the sh;t. van packed up a month ago, bought a car 2 weeks ago, that dint even make it home, been running my building business on my zed for the last 4 weeks to try and scrape enough cash together to buy a car. yesterday came to the decision that i have to sell the zed to keep my business going. today the zed has started spewing oil out of the back somewhere. left it at a friends, picking it up tomorrow, will have a look to see where its coming out. on wednesday i go in for a private operation and will be out of action for a few weeks, cant fix it, cant earn, im stuffed.
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Blinkin' 'enry Mick..... :?? ..... if the bike was running Ok before, hopefully ain't too much to sort out.

Could be a base gasket... may just need the head re-torqued.

If its the cam tensioner, thats easy-peasey....... You'll have to clean oil off engine, then start her up & watch for leak... if its as much as you say, should be easy to spot.

Me Trumpet leaks a bit (as expected) and somehow, it gets a fine covering on the tail piece, behind the seat :?: Must be my aerodynamics :|
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Return to “Bike Help”