Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Caliper Bracket/Rubbers question

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

Caliper Bracket/Rubbers question

#1 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 am

I have recently repainted the caliper off my Z1B. When i stripped it down i noticed a distinct lack of rubber anywhere so I ordered a repair kit from Z Power.

Re assembling, I am struggling to figure out where everything goes, indeed, I am wonderiing if I have the right kit or bracket as the four rubber cups don't seem to match up with the bracket? In some of the pictures I have seen the shaft bushing potrudes either side of the bracket but not on mine?

Image[/img]

Any ideas? Also can someone confirm to position of the smaller O Rings on the shaft, they seem to fit in the grooves closest to the Allen head i.e either side of the caliper body as the shaft goes through.

Many thanks for your help.

martinz1b
100Club
100Club

#2 PostAuthor: martinz1b » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 am

This drawing should help.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks durhamz1b

On the exploded view the positioning of the rubber cups looks obvious but the bushing on my bracket looks different. Or am I imagining things :nono
Last edited by ZedHead on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinz1b
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: martinz1b » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 am

ZedHead wrote:Thanks durhamz1b

On the exploded view the positioning of the rubber cups looks obvious but the bushing on my bracket looks different. Or am I imaging things :nono

Yours is exactly the same as mine and the drawing is obviously exaggerated to show the position. I Hope :??

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 pm

i did this on my z1a, the rubber cups go on the bracket as directed.
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: mick znone » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:32 pm

before you put the cups on, put everything together without all the gubbins inside, you will then see which grooves on the shaft require the orings.
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks for you help chaps, This is the way I had them but they just did't look right. I was expecting the cups to fit neatly over something but they don't.

I guess thats just the way it is. :?? :?? :??

Return to “Bike Help”