Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Running Total Loss Ignition

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Running Total Loss Ignition

#1 PostAuthor: #88 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am

I'm in the middle of building a Zed 750 race bike(see projects) and I've stripped down the loom and have removed the alt./flywheel.On the CDi everything is straight forward except for one wire which goes through a diode.Does anybody know whats its purpose is ???????
cheers the noo Brian #88 2B'z Racing

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Rich » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:26 pm

The diode - probably to stop reverse voltage spikes from electromagnetic fields collapsing destroying a component in the ICU.

The wire - don't know what colour is it.
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

#3 PostAuthor: #88 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Rich,the colour of the wire is black/white it goes to the starter relay and the starter lockout switch via the diode according to the wiring diagram.From what I can see from the diagram the wire changes to green and yellow when it comes out the diode.
cheers the noo Brian #88 2B'z Racing

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Rich » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 pm

The diode will be to stop reverse voltage going back into it when the magnetic field of the starter solenoid collapses. Leave the diode on it and it will need either connecting to Live or earth. Trace the starter circuit to see if it goes to earth (black/yellow) or +ve (brown).

Is there a separate feed wire, usually brown but may be red into the ICU,

I assume you are not going to run a starter motor!
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

Return to “Bike Help”