Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1-R (D1) seat cover

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

ruffle
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Z1-R (D1) seat cover

#1 PostAuthor: ruffle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 pm

For the record in case anyone else is looking.

I needed a new seat cover for my Z1R and had been warned off the generic stuff on FleaBay as being rubbish or the wrong pattern. I did try asking a couple of sellers if their cover was for a D1 or a D3 but didn't get any sensible replies. BeeZeees claimed to have them but never got back to me and Dave Marsden (Z-Power) said he could only get D1 covers to-order from Japan and they were 100 quid plus! :shock:

Having heard positive reports about covers from pit-replica (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pit-Replica) I contacted them and asked if they did a correct cover for a D1. The chap there said they didn't but if I sent him my old, ripped original he'd use it as a pattern and add it to his product list.

So I did, and he did and he sent me a free cover in exchange for sending him my original. I see it's not made their product list on their EBay shop yet but they definately make them now... see the pics below.

The cover seems to be good quality and the dimensions were spot on. A length of seat strap material is included for you to cut to length but I used the original strap. The material is a bit more flexible than the original (as that is 30+ years old I guess it's not surprising :)) and fitted easily to the original seat pan; the 'tangs' were intact on mine and being powder coated survived the slight bending required.

I'm pleased with the result.

stephen parr
100Club
100Club

#2 PostAuthor: stephen parr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 pm

That looks impressive Ruffle.

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Very Interesting - thanks for posting this.

I was thinking of contacting Beezeees myself on this very item.
I was put off abit by the website, which is not the most user friendly!

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Got mine today !
Very good quality

I think I need a new seat strap now - puts the old one to shame!

Cheers

Return to “Bike Help”