Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

carb advice needed - ?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

bunnysZ
Granny Magnet

#1 PostAuthor: bunnysZ » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:01 am

i have cleaned the tank changed the petrol tap, and put in 4 new pilot jets, now 3 of them are overflowing petrol from overflow pipes, before i take them off again and adjust the float levels , could there be any other reason for this , or any thing else to check?

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Rich » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:15 pm

check for bits of c**p stopping the valve from closing, turn fuel off,start bike, run till it runs out of fuel , turn fuel back on and then see if it still floods,

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#3 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:39 pm

Double check everythings back in same order and up the right way! You can check manually by: Disconnect & remove carbs from bike. Now invert carbs (upside-down) so all floats are pushing valves closed. Now blow gently down fuel pipe connected to carbs and listen to see where leaking. This can be done with a bit of fuel still in line so you can see leak. Bit crude & messy and definitely not too tasty, but may help.

Garn 1
ZedHead
ZedHead

#4 PostAuthor: Garn 1 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:31 pm

BunnysZ, I have seen these Mikuni's with a hairline crack down the brass level tube that stands upright in the float bowl, (it's the tube that will catch any surplus fuel and pass it down to the rubber overflow tubes). You will have trouble seeing the crack, but it will empty the bowls quickly through the overflow tube. However, it is unlikely that you would have 3 of them cracked, but, its worth a look/(test).

Also, check that it is in fact, three of them leaking and not just one. It's hard to tell if you still have the rubber overflow pipes on and tied together.

RegardZ

Return to “Bike Help”