Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Clutch slipping

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#1 PostAuthor: Padders » Sat May 06, 2006 11:49 am

Hi any ideas on clutch slip. A Z1 engine with hydrulic clutch fitted worked fine came back from a run. Parked bike up now 2 days later clutch slip.

Cheers Ian.

Jon

#2 PostAuthor: Jon » Sat May 06, 2006 1:09 pm

Ive had alot of problems along a similar vein, but with brake components. Lever pressure varying when really cold day n such. Really cold days make the brakes spongy, and need more lever travel. New calipers/lines/rebuilt m/cylinder, etc, etc, and properly bled too! Weird, but might be something similar with your clutch cylinder. Get same thing with hydraulic clutch on my trike too on cold days.

Does it get any better as engine heats up a bit?

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Rich » Sat May 06, 2006 2:34 pm

Ian - you may need heavier springs than std / new springs to overcome the spring tension in the slave cylinder / returning the oil to the reservoir.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#4 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat May 06, 2006 6:55 pm

Same here..... me Z1000's got hydraulic clutch... I think it doesn't release enough and tends to keep a bit of pressure on the rod, which sometimes causes slip. You'll notice a lot of the drag guys stick to cable. Also, my clutch has got a bit heavier in recent days????? I may convert it back to good old cable!!!!

Return to “Bike Help”