Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Cleaning/Blasting/Polishing

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

duckman

#1 PostAuthor: duckman » Wed May 24, 2006 3:26 pm

I'm in the process of restoring an A4. The engine is stripped down and now needs cleaning and polishing. I'll need some form of blasting (which is best?) for the main engine cases (crankcase, block, head, etc) and mirror polishing for the outer cases.

Can anyone recommend a good company for this. I'm in Suffolk, UK and would prefer someone local so I can take the stuff around personally, but otherwise I'll chose elsewhere in the UK.

TIA

Steve R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#2 PostAuthor: Steve R » Wed May 24, 2006 3:38 pm

There is a guy on the link page, steve smethurst I have not used him but his stuff looks superb and prices seem reasonable. Dave at z power is restoring a Z1 and he has just used him for the fork legs and reckons they are too good. see pics of resto on there website again from links page.
I made the mistake of taking my cam cover and tp yoke to a local firm up here in leeds and i am nopt impressed with the results any thing else will definatly go to him.

000zeds
ZedHead
ZedHead

#3 PostAuthor: 000zeds » Wed May 24, 2006 4:49 pm

Steve Smethurst did a whole engine for me in 1993 and it is still very nice.

duckman

#4 PostAuthor: duckman » Wed May 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Steve and twozeds - thanks for the advice. I spoke to Steve and he seems to know his business. I have a worry about packaging and sending my bits across the country, but this looks like my best option.

DogsbolloxofZ1B
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: DogsbolloxofZ1B » Wed May 24, 2006 6:40 pm

I used Steve recently on a complete engine and its fantastic, I also used his service 20yrs ago on an A4 I was restoring, its the best & longest lasting in my oppinion.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#6 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed May 24, 2006 7:36 pm

Duckman..... the man who will give you ACE advice is our very own (Z1OC member) Mikey!!!
Hes currently off line with computer problems, but I can supply his mobile number if ne help!

Return to “Bike Help”