Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

fuel injected G/ H Gremlin - Any experts out there ????

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

linus918

#1 PostAuthor: linus918 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:25 pm

I've got a 1980 G Fuel injected model ( unlucky for me !!!) that has been over a year in the rebuilding. I know the ecu, air flow meters - main components of fuel injection are good, but I have the bike only running on 1,2,&3 pots.

The bike was recently set up and was purring like a kitten, until went for a ride. Then within 10 miles it went down to 3 pots. The 4th pot has spark, has pulse from injector. I have swapped coils, swapped injectors but still no life and that cylinder.

Anyone just any answers ? Anyone know of someone with expert knowledge ?

chrisNI
Site Admin

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:38 pm

Big Green Bus is your best bet.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Unless you've had a valve or something mechanical go on that cylinder it's sounds like blocked fuel supply to that injector or a dodgy plug. Seems like you've covered everything else.

(Edited by zed1015 at 11:27 pm on July 16, 2006)

(Edited by zed1015 at 11:29 pm on July 16, 2006)

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#4 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:06 pm

Before u start spending money on it, consider some nice Mikuni RS flatslides..... You could get a nice set for around ?200..... And maybe better in long term? But as last reply, injector blocked/plug naff???? Usually the simple things that cause most headaches.... or so the wife says?

TheBogieMan
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: TheBogieMan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:57 pm

Is the offending plug wet or dry, if its wet then no/weak spark is the problem, if it's dry then it will be the fuelling.
If its the fuelling check the fuel lines for kinks, if you can get it off the injector and see if it squirts then it will be the injector.
If it is the injector then get a can of hairy arsehole carb cleaner and give it a good squirting, that should clear off any of the toffee that apears after a while, you should be able to hear the injector solenoid click when you put 12v accross the terminals (off the bike or you might fry the brain)

Davy Doherty

#6 PostAuthor: Davy Doherty » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:56 pm

did you find that out by working on the 135 massy then bogie!!!

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#7 PostAuthor: paul doran » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:43 pm

no Davy on the trouble and strife's hog

big green bus
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: big green bus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:36 pm

i no it sounds daft but just try a new plug, if it has been fowled it is goosed cleaning it will only work for a few miles or the next day when choke is needed. this is from my own findings with efi (start easy and cheap)

linus918

#9 PostAuthor: linus918 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Thanks all for the posts. #### computer didnt let me know you lot had been replying. Encouraging that its hopefully a simple solution and lets hope not expensive. Will have a look once again at injectors - swap them over and hopefully confuse the old girl ! As for carbs - I could have done that well over a year ago. It will have to be the last resort. might just have to palm it on to collector who likes riding for 5 miles and then spends the rest of the time polishing and looking at it !!!

TheBogieMan
100Club
100Club

#10 PostAuthor: TheBogieMan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:44 pm

A New Holland 180 actually ;)
As for the hog even the injection is dating back to the ark, single injector, no knock sensor or lambda....just as efficient as dangling the fuel pipe into the inlet manifold

big green bus
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#11 PostAuthor: big green bus » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:26 pm

have you got it sorted ?

linus918

#12 PostAuthor: linus918 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:32 pm

No not as yet. Had loads of work on this week and it looks like being mid week before I get back round to the garage where the bike is. Will let you know how I get on!

Return to “Bike Help”