Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

cracked swingarm

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

mikey
Hardcore
Hardcore

#1 PostAuthor: mikey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:42 pm

Just a word of caution dont know if this is a common fault but got a Z1000A2 took the swing arm into work for chrome plating after i stripped the the paint off found it was cracked on the chain side where the main tube is welded to the tube that runs across the frame it wasnt the weld that was cracked but the tube its self thought perhaps it was rotted with rust but welder said no all good clean metal had other side welded as a precaution, is this a common fault??? maybe worth looking at your swingarms or am i being paranoid

Garn 1
ZedHead
ZedHead

#2 PostAuthor: Garn 1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:18 pm

Micky, it is good to report such findings. I do know that it has always been a weak link these swing-arms. particularly on the earlier Z1 thru to Z900's. The problem used to be the swing-arm flexing. I would have thought KHI would have solved that problem by the Z10002A. Although you have indicated fairly accurately the position of the crack. I would appreciate a photo in due course if it is convenient, showing the exact location of the crack.
RegardZ.

mikey
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: mikey » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:20 pm

Ok garn when i get hold of me mate get him to
photograph it with his digi camera and get him to
load it on my pc and ill email it to you.

Return to “Bike Help”