Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Chrome Chainguard

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Kerrigan
Regular Poster

#1 PostAuthor: Kerrigan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:48 pm

Does anyone agree with me that the standard Z chainguard is a very ugly piece of plastic?
My Z900 is totally standard and I will keep it that way...except.....maybe a chrome chainguard would look very nice.....
I was looking at some pictures of the USA spec LTD Z900 and that had a chrome guard - I assume that would be a straight fit to a Z900...???
Or does anybody know of a nice aftermarket chrome guard that is a similar shape to the standard one?
I will prepare myself for a barrage of abuse about changing this standard plastic monstrosity....!!!!!

bunnysZ
Granny Magnet

#2 PostAuthor: bunnysZ » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:10 pm

I would agree with you that the standard plastic guard is a bit ugly and chrome looks better,. I dont think the ltd chrome guard screw holes are in the same place as the plastic one,and it looks like a thin strip of metal to me, I bought an after market one off ebay, ?5.00 , was a great deal.its as wide as the plastic guard and looks good.
ebay nos 150027086593 is a z1000 bike like mine with the chrome guard on it , have a look and see what you think.
but not sure where you get them from .

BShaw
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#3 PostAuthor: BShaw » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:17 pm

Put a stainless one on it and take a grinder to any other bits you don't like after all its your bike.
Baza

daveltd
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: daveltd » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I totaly agree,it is ugly.Ive got a Z1000LTDB4 which has the chrome guard on it and it looks much better.I bought the guard from John Browse(came with shares in Kawasaki)but have seen a few on ebay for a lot cheeper than i paid for mine.All Z900LTD and Z1000LTD chrome chainguards are the same and will fit yours(they just have 3 bolts instead of the two on the ugly one)

Return to “Bike Help”