Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

GPZ head on early Z1000 engine - Anyone done the conversion, is it worth it?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Iain marshall
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#16 PostAuthor: Iain marshall » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:22 pm

ok Jack

london calling
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: london calling » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:25 pm

**ney Jock and his scanner do it again,cheers Iain.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:11 am

Hi Andy. I went on to geep head coz it's the next logical step and just because i could. Not noticed much improvement over my old set up yet as i've had to revert to std cams coz of a ** up with refurbing my race cam's hence my ad in the wanted section.I don't expect too much of an improvement yet over the last state of tune as each horsepower gain will probably cost double what the last one did.Previously i was seeing 160 mph + with 1015cc 11 to 1 ish pistons /race head + cams / 1mm o/s valves/ 28mm carbs and open pipe @12000 rpm. Not bad for a 'Z' road bike ?. I'm not expecting much more top end with the geep head /1075 wiseco's and 32mm smoothbores but it's all good fun at the end of the day and i've got to have something to do other than sex when i'm living in the middle of nowhere.

#19 PostAuthor: Guest » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:36 pm

Wow great pics! I guess it must be the same guy, i was just given his number by Mark at A&H, who said he would be the one to speak to about what machining would be needed and how much it would cost. As i said he was very friendly and helpful, and didn`t mind sharing the info with me.
Zed1015 do you drag race your bike or is it just for fun on the road? And Ade/zed1015 have either of you had yours dyno`d? If so what power? Also any pics available of your bikes? I hope we`ll see you both at Santa Pod next year, plus a few more if we get this RWYB meet organised, are either of you going to Stafford on the Saturday?

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi. Andy.Sent you some pic's via email ok. Not had the Z dyno'd but you need at least 120 bhp to see over 150mph so i must be well over that.Would you believe that it is my only transport (proper biker me) so it won't be going to extremes with the tuning as i want to maintain some reliability although i do intend to take it down the strip at the straightliners meets once i've got it fully sorted in it's latest guise.

Return to “Bike Help”