Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Fitting aftermarket regulator/rectifier

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

sprint
100Club
100Club

Fitting aftermarket regulator/rectifier

#1 PostAuthor: sprint » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:34 am

Looking to replace the separate rectifier and regulator with a aftermarket combined unit.

Z- Power have one but at nearly £100 its very expensive.

There was one being supplied by a number of suppliers, Regulator/Rectifier (SH 522-12) http://www.lm-spares.co.uk/acatalog/Z1_ ... 3_76_.html , which were a bit cheaper and had the correct male connector fitted so was a direct replacement. However, they seem to have dried up and knowbody has any stock.

Anybody know of any alternatives preferably with the correct male connector fitted as I don't really want to cut off the old one.

Wassell do a three phase one: http://www.pembrokeshiremotorcycleparts ... 2139-p.asp

Which is cheap but is 190W high enough and are they any good? However, it is only supplied with bare wires.

Does anybody know what the correct male connector is and if so where they can be bought?

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:38 am

Electrix can supply excellent heavy duty ones but not sure of connection pins.
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm

I fitted the Wassell one on mine with no problems. Thinking of getting some in to sell.

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Used em meself,no probs do the job,scavenged an old plug off a us alternator,could not find supply of new ones..
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#5 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:46 pm

ZedHead wrote:I fitted the Wassell one on mine with no problems. Thinking of getting some in to sell.

Just a heads-up......

I had a Wassell coil on my Trumpet and it burnt out after 2 yrs :evil: Think they're made in Taiwan or summink? Could have been a 1-off :?:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Return to “Bike Help”