Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Air filter element problem

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

toycollector10
100Club
100Club

Air filter element problem

#1 PostAuthor: toycollector10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 pm

How hard should this be. I bought a new filter off ebay. The part number was correct for my model (Z1) and the seller claimed it would fit all A1, Z1-A and Z1-B bikes. The seller claims that he has never had a query on this part and he has sold 15 of them. He has 3000 plus trades at 100 percent so clearly he is a reputable person.

It's clearly too large to stuff in the airbox. The service manual just says to remove the cover and pull out the old filter, so replacing a filter should be easy. Does anyone have any ideas ??

ninjajen900

#2 PostAuthor: ninjajen900 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Maybe you have washed the bike to much & shrunk it, :lol: Sorry ! Could not resist that.Even the correct way round it aint going to fit,its the wrong filter.Only ever seen them with one spine on the top.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#3 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:36 pm

That looks wrong. The filter should have one small hadle in the centre, not 2 as shown in ur shot :?:
It should just slot in as u tried to do :evil:

And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

foreverinthegarage
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: foreverinthegarage » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi Toycollector
That Filter looks the same as my 1977 1000 A1

Regards Mick

Keith
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: Keith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Mick

Doesn't look like the standard Thou A1 filter - that has mesh on 3 sides and a flat top

Keith

ninjajen900

#6 PostAuthor: ninjajen900 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Keith wrote:Mick

Doesn't look like the standard Thou A1 filter - that has mesh on 3 sides and a flat top

Keith
yep like a cheese grater

toycollector10
100Club
100Club

[b]Thanks for your input guys[/b]

#7 PostAuthor: toycollector10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 am

Problem solved. I have had a mail from the vendor who recognises that he has made a mistake. He is going to send me the correct part FOC including postage. So it's a big "ups" to the forum and also to the guys at vintagekawasakiparts on ebay and also their store which is called Vintage Cycle Parts. Obviously these guys are good to deal with despite them making a mistake, they are puting it right, and it's the puting right that counts.

Return to “Bike Help”