Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

A few stupid Q's

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

A few stupid Q's

#1 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Took the MkII for a 400km run yesterday, all in all she ran well sitting on 110kp/h. Still got a few rough spots down low at take off and when giving it a boot full in 2 or 3 and going up. Carries have been rebuilt and every imaginable combination in needle, jet etc given and have settled back where we are now which seems its optimum.
If carbs aren't the cause of this surging, dead spot would there be a concern with leads or coils or is their failing got a different affect ?
Also have a leak on the right side of the barrel, virtually below the 10mm bolt in the centre left of the head. For the life of me I cannot see where the leak originates but it is enough to give a bit of a spray back, compression is spot on, no signs of failed gasket but it is an enigma.
Finally the indicators are all working but flicking the switch to go L or R there is a definite few second pause before the flasher kicks in, I'm guessing the flasher unit has probably had its day so will make that the firs sport of call with that issue.

Oil seal on the water pump of the GPZ900 tomorrow and back to giving the MkII its well deserved loving with above issues.
Nico

RGH
100Club
100Club

#2 PostAuthor: RGH » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:56 am

Had any luck Nico?

Had drama's with my Z1R Mk11, was an after market bowl gasket, poorly made, float was snagging on the gasket as it was too wide, took ages to find, might be worth a look.

If no success, make your way to Mandurah and l'll have a look, 2nd set of eyes always handy, plus we can go for a spin and compare with mine.

RGH
100Club
100Club

Re: A few stupid Q's

#3 PostAuthor: RGH » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:06 pm

nicomkii wrote:Also have a leak on the right side of the barrel, virtually below the 10mm bolt in the centre left of the head. For the life of me I cannot see where the leak originates but it is enough to give a bit of a spray back, compression is spot on, no signs of failed gasket

Bout 6 years ago had my Z1B top end rebuilt by ZedSpert in Welshpool, top job, but from rebuild to this day it leaks in the very same spot, couple years ago finished my Z900A4 rebuild, to this day it does not leak, think it's just luck of the draw as l've seen otherS leak at this very spot.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#4 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:48 pm

The winker unit is probably too old now.... get a modern one, I just bought an "adjustable" one for a few £, for me "J" and it works well :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361416653397
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Return to “Bike Help”