Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000H fuel injection

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

bigrocketrider
Regular Poster

Z1000H fuel injection

#1 PostAuthor: bigrocketrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Probably a very simple question for someone who has one of these machines. Just finishing the rebuild of this bike and I am confused on whether the fuel pump is actually working. On my GPZ1100 Unitrak you can hear the pump as soon as you turn the ignition on. On the Z1000H I can't hear anything . However, if I do the test and disconnect the starter solenoid yellow/red wire the pump will kick in every time I press the starter. Does this system only work when you press the starter motor and not charge up like the GPZ?

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1000H fuel injection

#2 PostAuthor: Al » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm

I might have read that wrong but i seem to remember that the pump is activated by movement of the air flap in the metering unit.
Part of one of the tests in the FI manual is to; pull the clutch and push the flap to activate the pump.
AL
1981 J1

bigrocketrider
Regular Poster

Re: Z1000H fuel injection

#3 PostAuthor: bigrocketrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 am

Spent last night reading the book. Apparently its only activated when the starter motor is pressed or the engine is running. Thought I had a major wiring issue but all OK. Cheers for your in Al - what you said is also correct.

Return to “Bike Help”