Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1b carb setup.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

shep65
Regular Poster

Z1b carb setup.

#1 PostAuthor: shep65 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Setting the carbs up on my Z1b, sorted the needle adjustment by taking a bit off the top of needle with a fine file so I now have them on clip position 3 (middle), set slide height as per manuals as well as float height using clear pipe method, bike runs great and no flat spot so well chuffed.

One small query though, in amongst the setup guides I found the bit about setting the throttle stop cam thing, this I did but was wondering what it's purpose actually is?

Cheers.

shep65
Regular Poster

Re: Z1b carb setup.

#2 PostAuthor: shep65 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

So no-one knows what this thing does?

prowlerz1
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: prowlerz1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 am

As it states it's a throttle stop
73 z1 green
73 z1 brown
74 z1a brown
75 z1b red
75 z1b blue
76 z900 green
77 z1000 black
Zrx1200r

shep65
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: shep65 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:47 am

I get that but after it's been adjusted initially to the 1.5mm gap is it then re-adjusted after tickover is set to match where the big throttle wheel stops?

Hope what I'm saying makes sense.

pertonpc
ZedHead
ZedHead

#5 PostAuthor: pertonpc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am

If it's the part I am thinking of the function is this -
When you put full tension on the decelerator throttle cable - this extra bit of play allows the throttle slides to completely shut off (there is normally a tiny gap at the bottom).
That's my theory anyhow.
Z1-R D1, Z650 B2, Z1-B & ZRX 1200 A1P Catch 'em if you can at www.Zedrider.co.uk

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: johny brando » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:34 am

My take on the purpose of the throttle stop is this.......In conclusion to setting up the carbs & Once you have held the throttle linkage fully open by hand ( cables disconnected )whilst looking directly into the Ventura's and then adjusted the throttle stop screw so that the linkage then stops all the slides just a Poofteenth after all the venture's are seen to be clear of the bottom of all slides.....now there is no further advantage at all of letting the slides continue on up , so manually then holding the linkage there at that point ...then by using that screw mechanism adjust the screw until it makes contact with its stop ....as using this stopper against stronger main linkage is 'by design' a better stop option than .... letting it over stress more delicate carb internals & components down the line and in doing so...... knocking out the slide balance out every 5 minutes . Like i said, thats my take on it for what it's worth, could well be wrong.... but it sounds good aye, haha ! Cheers Johny. B.

shep65
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: shep65 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Many thanks.

Return to “Bike Help”