Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Clutch hub nut

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

Clutch hub nut

#1 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:02 am

Hi chaps, I'm I going the right way with anti clockwise to remove the clutch hub nut. It's being a real cow to get off.

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Clutch hub nut

#2 PostAuthor: z1bman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

yes anti clockwise

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Cheers!!!!!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#4 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Rattle Gun is the way forward!
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: johny brando » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Wrigers wrote:Hi chaps, I'm I going the right way with anti clockwise to remove the clutch hub nut. It's being a real cow to get off.

There a High torque poundage item & off course Dynamic too which makes it harder & difficult to break the initial bite on them ! Assuming the motors in the bike ! Put the gearbox in gear & hold the rear brake lever fully down hard & try a long extension bar on the socket handle first if no good - try & get a Rattle gun connected to LARGE Volume receiver tank ...then use the rattle gun in reverse mode. Failing that....... you'll need the Clutch Centre to Clutch Outer 'holding tool ' BUT I found with my EBC ( part # CT-01 ) one of those ......that I had to make an offset in the handle & then weld a 300mm extension on it to be able to arrest & retain the required counter down force needed whilst using a socket & extension breaker bar.... or a Rattle gun . Hope this helps . Cheers ,Johny B

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Thanks Johny, after two days of cursing and using all the the extention bars, anti seize lubricant etc, i borrowed a 18v impact driver of a mate and the thing flew off. I must invest in one of those, have used it since on other tight nuts and it makes mince meat out of them. Paul.

Return to “Bike Help”