Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Chrome front mudguard question

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Chrome front mudguard question

#1 PostAuthor: Charlie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

I wonder if anyone can help please ?

My modified Z has a Z1000 LTD shorty chrome front mudguard which fitted perfectly over my 19" front wheel.

However, I have changed the front wheel for an 18" variant, and while it looks "OK"ish, I would rather fit a nice 18" chrome mudguard in its place if possible. But is there anything like the LTD mudguard to fit an 18" rim ?

I can find painted front mudguards from Z1300, Z1100, GPZ etc, but did Kawasaki make any 18" chrome variants (not that fugly universal chrome one that appears on Ebay please) that might fit on a Zed650/900/1000 front fork with a 100/90 or a 110/90 x 18 tyre and wheel combo without obviously looking it's from a different model ?
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

Jeff Saunders
100Club
100Club

Re: Chrome front mudguard question

#2 PostAuthor: Jeff Saunders » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 pm

KZ400 and KZ305 twins use an 18" front wheel. not sure about the mount width or mount bolt spacing
73 Z1 (turbocharged), a 74 Z1A, and some h***a's and Suzuki's...
www.z1enterprises.com jeff@z1enterprises.com

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Chrome front mudguard question

#3 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Charly

I don't know why you changed your bike's 19 inch front wheel for an 18 inch one, but anyway if you want the front mudgard to fit tighter on the 18 inch wheel have you thought about drilling holes a bit higher in the mudgard ? :eek
Try it out first before drilling !!! Does it looks right? Is there enough space between the tire and the mudgard? :whoa
OK you'll be left with 4 open holes but I'm sure you can find a descent solution for those.
Greetings from Belgium!
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Bike Help”