Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Restoring Z1100R Carbs.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

cruzi
new poster

Restoring Z1100R Carbs.

#1 PostAuthor: cruzi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi New to Club/Forum.

I am asking for some help restoring my carbs, as to what were the Original Finishes. My object is to restore the carbs to how they would have looked when new.
I believe the bodies were a satin black, But can anyone help with the rest of the external parts. As to what the other external parts Finishes were, like the throttle bracket, Idling bracket, choke slider, various external springs, the mounting rails upper and lower, and screws.
some parts like the spring may have been Gold or Silver coloured Zink plating, some parts may have had a black Zink plating.
any help with this really appreciated. some of the parts may have been repainted by a previous owner so its hard to tell what the original finishes were.
John

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Restoring Z1100R Carbs.

#2 PostAuthor: swampy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am

Your biggest headache is going to be getting genuine internal parts. repro parts are available as a kit from Keyster, Vapourworx are carb resto experts and can supply the kits. Ben there is also a goldmine of information.
contact details are in trusted traders.
Motor biking, motor biking, going down the queens highway like a rasher streaky bacon!

cruzi
new poster

#3 PostAuthor: cruzi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Thanks for your help Swampy, I was going to get Zed Bikes to do the restoration, they seem to do a nice job visually looking at before and after photos, I was hoping to be able to specify what the original finishes are on external metalwork. I leave it up to them to get the inside parts done but wanted to give input on trying to get the right looking finish outside.

cruzi
new poster

#4 PostAuthor: cruzi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi Swampy, I managed to get Carbs restored using some original and Pattern parts. Zed Parts did a good job in doing the resto and also working with me to get them looking original as we could.
[]
Attachments
new carbs 002.JPG
new carbs 001.JPG
new carbs 004.JPG

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: swampy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:20 am

they came out looking very nice.
Motor biking, motor biking, going down the queens highway like a rasher streaky bacon!

Return to “Bike Help”