Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

exhaust rubbers

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

exhaust rubbers

#1 PostAuthor: swampy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:31 pm

have any of you gents got 4 old exhaust top hat rubbers suitable for an a4 that you dont want/need anymore, pat no: 92092-010 if it helps.
my problem is that the 4-4 i have has oval holes as opposed to round mount holes. so i need to trim the rubbers to suit, hence the request.
heres hoping, thank you.
Motor biking, motor biking, going down the queens highway like a rasher streaky bacon!

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: exhaust rubbers

#2 PostAuthor: z1bman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:33 pm

the top hat rubbers fit into the frame not the exhaust

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: swampy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:18 pm

hmm so theres no rubbers that are meant to be fitted to exhaust, that gives me a bigger problem. coz the mount holes in the exhaust are bigger than the bolt diameter. so I still need the rubbers or am I missing something here.
Last edited by swampy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motor biking, motor biking, going down the queens highway like a rasher streaky bacon!

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: z1bman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm

there are not any rubber mounts on the exhaust . only the bolt goes through those holes the mountings are fitted to the frame

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: swampy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 pm

the mount bolts are 10mm dia and I have 15mm x 22mm holes. the word 'bollocks' springs to mind. I guess its work around time.

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: z1bman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 pm

you can see in this photo where the top hat rubbers fit into the frame
Attachments
z1 engine frame engine out_01.jpg
z1 engine frame engine out_01.jpg (314.57 KiB) Viewed 3677 times

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: swampy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:38 pm

yep there fitted and good to go, the issue I have the exhaust mount holes. I may be panicking here about allowance for fitting on the ovality. god I feel like right a plum now.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: Philippe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 am

Hi Swampy

don't panic! The 4 in 4 exhaust is not so difficult to mount on the bike if you follow the right working order.
If it's the first time you do this, find a couple of helping hands to hold the exhaust pipe when you're wrestling to fit it onto the exhaust ports.
Start with the number 2 exhaust, the lower one, make sure that the rubber connecting pipe and the clamp is on .
Put the correct exhaust crown on it, hold the two shells together with a rubber band, take the copper ring and fit it into the exhaust port. Make sure everything is in the right place and put the nuts on the studs. Don't tighten it all up yet, give it a bit of play!
Put the bolt through the hole at the rear top of the silencer and trough the rubber dampers.
Now the exhaust pipe should be "hanging" on your bike.
Do the same for the number 1 exhaust pipe now.
Remove the bolt at the rear, let someone else hold the numer 2 exhaust in the mean while and join the two exhausts.
When connecting the two pipes together at the back, make sure you're able to reach the screw.
When the numer 1 and number 2 connecting pipes are joined, put the bolt through the holes of the two pipes and into the rubbers in the frame. Put the nut on and adjust the exhaust. When they look OK to you, fasten the four M6 nuts on the studs of the exhaust ports after cutting the rubber bands. Be sure they're completely removed! Then tighten the long bolt at the rear and fasten the screw of the two little connecting pipes.
All you have to do now is mount the two other exhausts on the right side, starting with the number three exhaust.
Happy wrestling and good luck!
Stay calm, take your time!
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

swampy
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#9 PostAuthor: swampy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:13 am

Thanks Phillipe good advice there

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:22 am

You're welcome!
Hope I helped you a bit.

Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Bike Help”