Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Carb refurbs.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Carb refurbs.

#16 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:45 pm

PAULJAC47 wrote:Do Tell, whats the plastic tub extender bodge?

Basically find a plastic container the same shape as the tank but taller. I used a rectangular plastic bottle that some screen wash came in and chopped the top off). Make sure there's water between the tank and the plastic container sitting in it.
Hope this makes sense.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: Andy M » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 am

Mr Bump wrote:
csx355 wrote:
new fuel T-pieces

I'm going to need some of those as well - is there a decent (better priced) option to the originals? If not any recommendations for the brass with replaceable o rings?

Nrp carbs do them, I think i saw zpower list them too. Much nicer design than the original thingys.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I’m considering buying an ultrasonic cleaner myself - any advice/warnings/recommendations would be appreciated.

Olly

Allens Ultrasonic , I have their 27 litre tank and have sorted loads over the last year , you may want the carb liquid as well
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

Garn 1
ZedHead
ZedHead

#18 PostAuthor: Garn 1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Word of warning when getting too particular with restoring carbs...
Don't get the main spindle re-chromed (particularly on the early "flat top 28mm carbs). It is so hard to get them assembled after this small increase in diameter due to chroming.
RegardZ.
Garn (Sydney) Z1, Z1A, Z1B and Z900-A4

Andy M
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#19 PostAuthor: Andy M » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 pm

What refurb kits are folk using?
"Be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others; even the dull and ignorant. They, too, have their story."

Return to “Bike Help”