Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Chrome.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

StevePunk61
new poster

Chrome.

#1 PostAuthor: StevePunk61 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 pm

I have just picked up my rear mudguard that I took in for rechroming and to be honest, I'm more than a little disappointed. It wasn't in bad shape, just some very slight pitting, but after being chromed what I have got is a mudguard with some very slight, very shiny pitting. I'm looking for an "as new" finish.
Can anyone recommend a good chrome plating service in the West of the UK. Wales preferred. Thanks in advance

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Chrome.

#2 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:49 pm

If you want as new, you need to buy as new, if you want re-chrome as new expect to pay 3 times the price as the work that goes in is not easy, time and again we read or hear how unhappy people are with de/re-chromes, if you take parts in you need to specify exactly what you are after and research, ask questions on sites like this before you put the parts in, there will always be someone who will answer you, but if you take pitted parts in, expect shiny pitted parts back, the nickel sub strata and chrome are only a few microns thick and have no surface filling qualities.

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Chrome.

#3 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Return to “Bike Help”