Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

A4 Tank dilemma

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

A4 Tank dilemma

#1 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 pm

After spending several hours lately cleaning the inside of the tank and generally prepping for a future paint job, ive just noticed several small pin holes were the metal has obviously given up, just above the petrol tap.
My question is,is it a good idea to source a repair, bearing in mind the cost etc, or look for a decent replacement . Never had this before, ive always been lucky with tanks. Paul.

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: A4 Tank dilemma

#2 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 pm

If its a good tank otherwise would have repaired,braze or solder had some tanks repaired in the past,including some i thought were only fit for scrap(Suzuki ones though)....local chap does mine...
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Cheers Paul, is it someone who generally takes on work for others etc. If you can recommend him pm me with his details and I'll give him a call.

Wrigers
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: Wrigers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks for that mate
I will call him next week.

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: johny brando » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 am

Wrigers wrote:After spending several hours lately cleaning the inside of the tank and generally prepping for a future paint job, ive just noticed several small pin holes were the metal has obviously given up, just above the petrol tap.
My question is,is it a good idea to source a repair, bearing in mind the cost etc, or look for a decent replacement . Never had this before, ive always been lucky with tanks. Paul.

You can Line it ! POR Gold liner kit ( google it ) I've used this on a few tanks over the years & today there still in service with me ...no issues. Cheers, Johny Brando.

Return to “Bike Help”