Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Switch Harness Routing

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

BigZCas
100Club
100Club

Switch Harness Routing

#1 PostAuthor: BigZCas » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am

Just found this picture on the internet.
Could someone confirm that this is indeed the correct routing (Down the centre under the clocks) please ? :??
Thanks Cas
Attachments
mcy0616_roots_kawasaki_z1-04[1].jpg
mcy0616_roots_kawasaki_z1-04[1].jpg (73.57 KiB) Viewed 4501 times
Past 5 Years
1974 UK Z1a, Candy Tone Brown/Orange
1976 KZ900a4, Diamond Dark Green
1978 KZ1000a2, Luminous Green
1976 KZ1000a1, Red
1972 GT750J, Candy Lavender

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Switch Harness Routing

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Cas
that's the correct way!
And if I'm not mistaking , the two run on the right side of the frame to plug in under the fuel tank.
Cheers
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

BigZCas
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: BigZCas » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks Philippe,
looks like I'm going to have to change mine :x
It's amazing how many pictures show the harness going under on the outside of the handlebar mounts.
Past 5 Years
1974 UK Z1a, Candy Tone Brown/Orange
1976 KZ900a4, Diamond Dark Green
1978 KZ1000a2, Luminous Green
1976 KZ1000a1, Red
1972 GT750J, Candy Lavender

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Cas
you're welcome!
Just a tip: create an account on the german "kawasaki-z-classiker" forum. :idea:
Apply to Achim, the administrator, he understands English.
You'll discover a real treasure of information on that forum if you understand the German laguage.
Cheers
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Doubt there are many Brits understand German,we managed to avoid that by and large 70 odd years ago.
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

Taffus

#6 PostAuthor: Taffus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 pm

PAULJAC47 wrote:Doubt there are many Brits understand German,we managed to avoid that by and large 70 odd years ago.

and we didn't get our bicycles stolen!

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Paul

I know what happened there allmost 80 years ago! :down Let's forget about that and look to the future ! :roll:
Get off your island , there's a whole world out there ( allthough it's not allways a nice one). :glare
No, I'm just kidding, I know that German is a difficult language but there are plenty of technical pictures on that site!
I learned a lot about the classic Zeds there, many things you don't find in a book.
Give it a try.
cheers
Philippe

Zed man
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: Zed man » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 pm

I got to the German kawasaki site, but all in German, nowhere to convert into English.. So how do you register.?

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Philippe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 am

Hi Zedman

click on "registrieren" (registration)
a window opens, go to the bottom and click on "Ich bin mit diesen Bedingungen einverstanden" ( I agree with the terms)
another window opens and you fill in a nickname or your own name, your e-mail adress, repeat it, then you fill in your password and do that again and finally you choose the language.
After that you have to write the numbers and letters you sea, that's the "Bestätigungscode"
At last you click on "Absenden" (send)
Your request is send to the administrator, usually it's Achim. Maybe you have to explain why you want access to the forum. You can write in English, he understands it. Before you ask a question on the forum, just give a short introduction, who are you, where do you live, what bike(s) do you ride and put some pictures of them on the forum. You'll see that the people in Germany are friendly...but sometimes severe!
Oh and before I forget: " Sybbil, don't mention the war" as John Cleese said in Fawlty Towers or... was it: Waterly Fowls or... never mind :roll:
Good luck
Philippe

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 am

Philippe wrote:Hi Paul

I know what happened there allmost 80 years ago! :down Let's forget about that and look to the future ! :roll:
Get off your island , there's a whole world out there ( allthough it's not allways a nice one). :glare
No, I'm just kidding, I know that German is a difficult language but there are plenty of technical pictures on that site!
I learned a lot about the classic Zeds there, many things you don't find in a book.
Give it a try.
cheers
Philippe

Bit of a problem trying to get off the Island these Days Phillipe! too many trying to get on it :roll:
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.

Anon

PUM 673

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: z1bman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Philippe wrote:Hi Zedman

click on "registrieren" (registration)
a window opens, go to the bottom and click on "Ich bin mit diesen Bedingungen einverstanden" ( I agree with the terms)
another window opens and you fill in a nickname or your own name, your e-mail adress, repeat it, then you fill in your password and do that again and finally you choose the language.
After that you have to write the numbers and letters you sea, that's the "Bestätigungscode"
At last you click on "Absenden" (send)
Your request is send to the administrator, usually it's Achim. Maybe you have to explain why you want access to the forum. You can write in English, he understands it. Before you ask a question on the forum, just give a short introduction, who are you, where do you live, what bike(s) do you ride and put some pictures of them on the forum. You'll see that the people in Germany are friendly...but sometimes severe!
Oh and before I forget: " Sybbil, don't mention the war" as John Cleese said in Fawlty Towers or... was it: Waterly Fowls or... never mind :roll:
Good luck
Philippe

if you right click your mouse you can translate from there

Zed man
100Club
100Club

#12 PostAuthor: Zed man » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 am

Thanks.. But using ipad.. Or mobile phone.. Not fired up laptop for months.. :D

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#13 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 am

Hi zedman

sorry mate but I can't help you in those cases... I don't have an ipad or a mobile phone, I use a laptop or a desktop or... pigeons, or smoke signals to communicate :D yes I'm a bit conservative or behind ...
I have no idea how these "new things" work, maybe someone else can help you ...
Cheers
Philippe

Return to “Bike Help”