Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1B Uk master cylinder

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

Z1B Uk master cylinder

#1 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm

I have seen this advertised and was wondering ......is this correct or should it be all black ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Z1- ... Sws0JaZerD

A1John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Z1B Uk master cylinder

#2 PostAuthor: A1John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 pm

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks John ..im hoping to use a twin disc setup and have this cylinder but I think its a Z1000
Attachments
proj 84.JPG
proj 84.JPG (91.66 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
proj 83.JPG
proj 83.JPG (92.95 KiB) Viewed 3391 times

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 am

Hi Chris
the black anodisation on the front brake master cylinder becomes gray or purple by age and/or sunlight. That's normal.
The pictures you've posted are, to my opinion, not from a Kawasaki master cylinder .
I think, but I'm not sure, that one is from a Hodna. The cap and the two ribbles where the brake line is attached are not standard to Kawasaki master cylinders. A Kawasaki master cylinder had a black cap and the part where the brake line is attached is flush.
If you want to use it on a twin disc, look at the underside, there should be "5/8" casted.
All the Kawasaki twin disc master cylinders of that era had that casting on it. Only the twin disc master cylinder of the conversion kit ( available from mai '73) for the Z1 or for the two strokes had 5/8 embossed at the upper side on the place where the brake lever was attached.
Greetings
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks Philippe , it does have 5/8 stamped underneath but I tend to agree it may not be Kawasaki
The project is sapping my funds so I may have to compromise but I know it will drive me crazy until I replace it

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi Chris

I'm a rivet counter too, so don't mind, it doesn't hurt but it can be hard for your wallet...
Greetings
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:34 pm

hi Chris/phillipe i have a bucket of mixed rivets in my shed you are both welcome to fight over.the winner gets a new anorak!! :rock seriously tho Chris David silver spares does a brand new m/c for early cb750/4 which is about £45.ish and looks the part/does the job.. I'll be having one. i think it was swampy who gave me tip. good luck with the rivets xx mark. ride safe..

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Been using them for ages Mark,Cb750 f2,Maitland racing do em cheaper(or did)think i paid £65 for the last two i had off them!
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:22 pm

8 Valve Mark wrote:hi Chris/phillipe i have a bucket of mixed rivets in my shed you are both welcome to fight over.the winner gets a new anorak!! :rock seriously tho Chris David silver spares does a brand new m/c for early cb750/4 which is about £45.ish and looks the part/does the job.. I'll be having one. i think it was swampy who gave me tip. good luck with the rivets xx mark. ride safe..

I have been looking and a new ( replica ) Kawasaki one is £50

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm

hi Chris,i just left Paul ( swampy) a voicemail on this subject to clarify. if you pm me ur number I'll pass it on when he gets back.i remember him saying it was identical to the z-power reproduction m/c but much cheaper.cheers pauljac too mark

Return to “Bike Help”