Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1 z1000 rotor ?????

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1 z1000 rotor ?????

#16 PostAuthor: z1bman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:40 pm

i worked for cradley from 1976 - 2007 & never seen the a series z1000 come standard with kawasaki cast wheels we would change them for lesters & others if the customer requested . the first z1000 to come with cast wheels was the z1r & z1000 mk2

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:43 pm

My Z1000A2 when new came with wire wheels.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#18 PostAuthor: johny brando » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:24 am

Philippe wrote:OK Johny
I can't compete with that!!! I trust you.
Greetings
Philippe

"My apologies Philippe" I stand corrected ! my memory was clouded, I was getting confused with the Z1R's .

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 am

Hi Johny
apologies are accepted, allthough they're not neccesary. Time does strange things with the memory, it gets clouded, the same happens to me.
When I answer to a question here on the forum, I forget sometimes that I'm talking about the Belgian versions of the bikes that I know. Probably some parts were different for UK bikes compared to those in Belgium as they were delivered.
I'm not sure about that!
It's decades ago when those bikes were new! What happened to them, from what country do they come?
I've imported some bikes myself from France (Z1R and MK2) and from Holland (Z1000ST, Z1000Police) and noticed that there were "strange" parts on those bikes compared to the "official" documentation.
Did someone put these parts on the bike in the past or were they original standard issue for that country?
When I restore a bike I use the Kawaski "parts list" and try to get them as original looking as possible.
Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't...that's life.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Bike Help”