Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Starter problem

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Kwackman
100Club
100Club

Re: Starter problem

#16 PostAuthor: Kwackman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:01 pm

DavidZ1R wrote: if you want look on YouTube, ,, 'kawasaki kz550 rebuild'
Lucry with the pipes, both nos, left cost me £9 , honestly, the right £120.

I've stored a link to that video as it'll be a useful reference to where wiring goes etc.
That was tough about the original frame being bent, but you got a very nice bike in the end.
Apart from the exhaust (& yes, you were very lucky!) I like the full length rear mudguard and "Kawasaki" badge on the forks. There are at least 3 sizes of those- I know, I've bought a couple before getting the correct one!
Nice bike, and I like the Z250 in the "stable" photo near the. I'd a "B" version of those, my first Kawasaki in 81.
2006 ZRX1200R
1982 Z400J project

ex owner of Z1100R
GXI 2752 are you out there?

DavidZ1R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: DavidZ1R » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Glad to be off a help, I have I think a left hand pipe, nos but a bit pitted I think for the z500, not sure think it's the same for the 400 if you want it.
CB125 GT380 CB750F1 Z1R GPZ 750 Turbo Z1R

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Garry.L wrote:My turn today David...

A Few miles out on the 400 and she dropped the middle pot. Usual checks point to the coil pack which ain't available pattern. So it's take my chances via the usual suspects :(

Get shut of all your old unreliable classics and buy yourself one of those nice new modern reliable bikes with great handling, performance and brakes..... and all the Styling of a 1960's Comprehensive School and all the Soul of a Wheely Bin. :lol: :lol:
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

DavidZ1R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: DavidZ1R » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:22 pm

PAULJAC47 wrote:
Garry.L wrote:My turn today David...

A Few miles out on the 400 and she dropped the middle pot. Usual checks point to the coil pack which ain't available pattern. So it's take my chances via the usual suspects :(

Get shut of all your old unreliable classics and buy yourself one of those nice new modern reliable bikes with great handling, performance and brakes..... and all the Styling of a 1960's Comprehensive School and all the Soul of a Wheely Bin. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CB125 GT380 CB750F1 Z1R GPZ 750 Turbo Z1R

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#20 PostAuthor: johny brando » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 am

DavidZ1R wrote:Here you go, great fun to ride, when it feckin starts, if you want look on YouTube, ,, 'kawasaki kz550 rebuild'

It's a disgrace- You might of cleaned it ........!
Seriously- Very sweet package & they were a great little allrounder , very nimble & could light it up quite well too. I remember the Z500 proddy class in about 1979/80 ...like the LC Yams class ...but with more mentally stable riders on board compared to those LSD crazed phyco jockeys that straddled the LC250 / 350 series ( great racing to watch though ...but F@#$ being in the middle of that lot ! aye . :ups

Return to “Bike Help”