Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Opinions sort please guy's ?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

johny brando
100Club
100Club

Opinions sort please guy's ?

#1 PostAuthor: johny brando » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi all...I'm building up a spare 900 motor that I recently bought as a stripped down pile of sad looking bits that had been buried deep in a damp shed for the last 20 years & theres of course some / plenty of missing or buggered items ....any one out there used or have any knowledge on those new replacement" Electrex Stators " or a Kawa Z1-Z900 / 1000 they seem good value at about 70 uk Beer Tokens but i don't know any one thats used one ??? I also need the Central top Cam Chain Roller unit "less the rubber mounting block assy that fixes it to the head itself " as I have those .... the main unit I have is a bit - how's your father rusty & noisy to spin with central surrounding pin -chain silencer rubber all breaking up as they do ! & there very Xxy aye ! ...........whats the best value for money one to buy ? ......As too I need just one of the 2 Head / Barrel face - Roller & Pin unit .......any input there please guys !
Has any one got a used but decent set of Std Cams too .......mine are toast (too far gone )due to moisture - rust whilst standing for 20 years+ missing are Tranny inner cover & outer cover+ Alt cover & stator + oil Points inner & outer covers, oil filter cover & bolt assy + starter motor + Cam Cover , ha-ha O well if you don't ask.... ...you never know aye !!!!!!
Thanks in advance to any one taking the trouble to reply to this. Over N Out.

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Opinions sort please guy's ?

#2 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 am

Will look tomorrow i may have cams and cover.

chrisu

#3 PostAuthor: chrisu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:10 am

johny brando wrote:Hi all...I'm building up a spare 900 motor that I recently bought as a stripped down pile of sad looking bits that had been buried deep in a damp shed for the last 20 years & theres of course some / plenty of missing or buggered items ....any one out there used or have any knowledge on those new replacement" Electrex Stators " or a Kawa Z1-Z900 / 1000 they seem good value at about 70 uk Beer Tokens but i don't know any one thats used one ???

ELECTREX STUFF IS NORMALLY VERY GOOD.

I also need the Central top Cam Chain Roller unit "less the rubber mounting block assy that fixes it to the head itself " as I have those .... the main unit I have is a bit - how's your father rusty & noisy to spin with central surrounding pin -chain silencer rubber all breaking up as they do ! & there very Xxy aye ! ...........whats the best value for money one to buy ?

TALK TO ROB (ZED12015) - HE DOES REMANUFACTURED SETS.

......As too I need just one of the 2 Head / Barrel face - Roller & Pin unit .......any input there please guys !

THEY'RE DIRT CHEAP BUY NEW

Has any one got a used but decent set of Std Cams too .......mine are toast (too far gone )due to moisture - rust whilst standing for 20 years+ missing are Tranny inner cover & outer cover+ Alt cover & stator + oil Points inner & outer covers,
oil filter cover & bolt assy

GOT SOME BUT I'D HAVE THOUGHT THE POSTAGE WOULD BE PROHIBITIVE.

+ starter motor + Cam Cover , ha-ha O well if you don't ask.... ...you never know aye !!!!!!

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: johny brando » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:06 am

kev edwards wrote:Will look tomorrow i may have cams and cover.

Thanks Kev .

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: johny brando » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 am

chrisu wrote:
johny brando wrote:Hi all...I'm building up a spare 900 motor that I recently bought as a stripped down pile of sad looking bits that had been buried deep in a damp shed for the last 20 years & theres of course some / plenty of missing or buggered items ....any one out there used or have any knowledge on those new replacement" Electrex Stators " or a Kawa Z1-Z900 / 1000 they seem good value at about 70 uk Beer Tokens but i don't know any one thats used one ???

I also need the Central top Cam Chain Roller unit "less the rubber mounting block assy that fixes it to the head itself " as I have those .... the main unit I have is a bit - how's your father rusty & noisy to spin with central surrounding pin -chain silencer rubber all breaking up as they do ! & there very Xxy aye ! ...........whats the best value for money one to buy ?

......As too I need just one of the 2 Head / Barrel face - Roller & Pin unit .......any input there please guys !

Has any one got a used but decent set of Std Cams too .......mine are toast (too far gone )due to moisture - rust whilst standing for 20 years+ missing are Tranny inner cover & outer cover+ Alt cover & stator + oil Points inner & outer covers,

+ starter motor + Cam Cover , ha-ha O well if you don't ask.... ...you never know aye !!!!!!

Thanks Chris . Yeh the Electrex stuff appears good ..so buying that new is the way for me to go then ...thanks for input. I'll get in touch with Rob then ...he's definitely got his finger on the pulse aye & if it's OK for him it must be alright. Thanks again. I'll check out Uk to Oz postage ( I'll weigh the cams I have & investigate & get back to you. (stuck record = Thanks yet again )

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 am

Pm sent Lee..
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

chrisu

#7 PostAuthor: chrisu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm

johny brando wrote:
chrisu wrote:

Thanks Chris . Yeh the Electrex stuff appears good ..so buying that new is the way for me to go then ...thanks for input. I'll get in touch with Rob then ...he's definitely got his finger on the pulse aye & if it's OK for him it must be alright. Thanks again. I'll check out Uk to Oz postage ( I'll weigh the cams I have & investigate & get back to you. (stuck record = Thanks yet again )

lee - i meant the oil filter stuff - not the cams....

johny brando
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: johny brando » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 am

chrisu wrote:
johny brando wrote:
chrisu wrote:

lee - i meant the oil filter stuff - not the cams....

Chris - OK My mistake , sorry !

Return to “Bike Help”