Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Carb queery

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

mark d
100Club
100Club

Carb queery

#1 PostAuthor: mark d » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi , I was swapping my carbs over from a pair of Rx 1000 and noticed that there was 1 petrol pipe feed down to the back of the carbs and this pipe fed all 4 carbs via a t piece between 2 and 3 and feeding the 1 + 4 carb along the same route the 2 nd petrol pipe went to the 2 nd carb where the rubber bung fits 1,3 and 4 carbs on the top where I thought the vacuum gauges would go ; now there are two t pieces for a fuel line between 1+2 and 3+4 these are not use but there not blocked off or used , should they be blocked off ?why are ther 3 places for fuel to go ? Should they let air in ? Should they face up or down ? I’m confused !!
4 pipe a1, z1000 st ,gpz rx 1000 x3 , Rx bitza in boxes x1

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Carb queery

#2 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 am

Really need pics as your explanation is a bit confusing regarding all the 'T' pieces and the actual bike you have RX1000 ?? but the pipe to the 2nd carb inlet rubber is for vacuum a fuel tap and the two open tee's should be carb breathers which would normally just have open pipes attached that would route somewhere around or over the airbox..

Charlie
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Charlie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:54 am

That description is a bit confusing, but reading it I was thinking much the same.

There is ONE fuel feed which is in the centre of the bank of carbs. It should be a larger feed.
There are two breather feeds, one each between 1and2 and 3and4. they just vent to air, or into the airbox as you wish.
The last feed is the vacuum tap take off which connects to the tap.
Why do I persist in debating with idiots ? I really should know better :)

mark d
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: mark d » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Sorry about the poor wording oh the question .the answer you gave makes sense that the two ports between carbs 1+2and3+4 are air vents .you could easily think that was where a petrol pipe could go !
4 pipe a1, z1000 st ,gpz rx 1000 x3 , Rx bitza in boxes x1

Return to “Bike Help”