Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Exhausts: Any experiences of OS Pipes or Bazar de la Becane?

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Blackseven
100Club
100Club

Exhausts: Any experiences of OS Pipes or Bazar de la Becane?

#1 PostAuthor: Blackseven » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I am looking for a complete 4-2 exhaust system for by Z1000A1 rebuild. I have given up on the holy grail of a very good or NOS system and the only two options I am left with are a new replica system from Bazar de la Becane in Dunkirk (there are made to order and take a month to make and cost £1350 Euro) or a system from OS Pipes in Staffordshire (they need the bike for a week and the cost is about 2/3 of the French option).

I was wondering if anyone on here has any first hand experience of a 4-2 exhaust from either of these two options? Please feel free to PM if more appropriate.

Many thanks,

Rob

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Exhausts: Any experiences of OS Pipes or Bazar de la Becane?

#2 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Haven't seen either system in the flesh. However, I spoke with both those companies and decided I'd go down the OS pipes route when I'm ready. (The French guys slagged off OS pipes, which I didn't like)...
The issue OS pipes have is that they lost their jig years ago and that's why they need a bike for a few weeks. (To make a new jig).
Be interested to see how you get on.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

wheelysteve
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: wheelysteve » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 pm

I have a set of stainless OS pipes on my Z650.

You can see the actual bike on their website. The pipes were made about 10 years ago and the first set they had produced for a Z650. They are very well made and apart from discoloured downpipes, they are still as new....but then again the bike hasn't done many miles. The link pipe under the sump is a bit of a faff to fit but I would imagine their systems are spot on by now.

20160727_180647.jpg

P1030214.JPG

P1030217.JPG
Attachments
20160727_180647.jpg
1975 Z1B Candy Red/Blue
1975 Dogs Z1B
1976 Z900 A4
1977 Z650B1
1978 Z650B2
1978 KZ1000D Z1R
Yam Tracer 900GT

PUM 710

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:11 pm

beautiful 650 steve!

the OS pipes look pretty decent, surely there is a market for Doremi to tool up for the Z1000 system??
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Os pipes made some v good cans for a Gs i had(its the one pictured on their site).Their 4/4 pipes were hideous,have seen cans from them grafted onto original down pipes and were very good.If its still Roy there he had issues getting the down pipes correctly bent.at the time...The French jobbies i have known about for some time,there is just that pic on their site,me and others have failed to get much info from them,have not seen a set in the flesh,good luck,it is a pain getting the pipes for the thou,s.though did hear a rumour last year Delkevic(Dk Stoke)had some repros in the pipeline!let us know how you get on.Always the four into four route as well if that floats your boat...Paul J
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

Blackseven
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: Blackseven » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:06 am

Thanks for all of the replies. The 650 looks great Steve.

I have discussed the OS option with Roy and he is really helpful; the only thing putting me off is that he says he has to use smaller diameter downpipes than original for the Z1000 and I'm concerned it may not look right?

I spent a good chunk of the day at D&K yesterday (who were also really helpful) sorting through the remaining parts of original systems they have in stock to see if I could piece together a good, matching original set of downpipes to no avail. We discussed Delkevic, but no mention of a 4-2 in the pipeline.

I have thought about the 4-4 option and think they look great but am just concerned that having gone to quite a bit of trouble to keep the bike as original as I can, I should try and stay with a 4-2.

I am probably leaning towards the French pipes as they look very good in the photos but it feels like a bit of a leap of faith if no-one on here has actually seen them in the flesh! I'll speak to the French guy (only exchanged emails to date) and update on what I finally decide to do.

Thanks,
Rob

Tonka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: Tonka » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 pm

I will PM you as I have a spare original set of Z1000 4-2 pipes in excellent condition. It includes the 2 middle downpipes and the side heat shields. All in great condition and the silencers have been rechromed so mint. Slight rattle from one baffle though if you shake it about but perfectly fine on the bike.

Price - the same price as hens teeth! :D
Inheritance? What inheritance? He spent it all on booze, women and Zed parts!

Return to “Bike Help”