Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Vibration

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

Vibration

#1 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 pm

My 1000r2 seems to vibrate through the bars when accelerating ......its nothing serious and it runs just fine
I am refreshing the engine over winter and wondering if it is a good idea to have the crank checked maybe balanced
Recommendations on who would be best for the work and rough costs please

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Vibration

#2 PostAuthor: Al » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:05 am

Just had an 1100 Unitrak crank; stripped, re-assembled without rods and then trued and balanced. Then re-strip and re-assemble with rods, trued, and welded. Three rods replaced (and several webbs) as were most bearings / thrust washers. £600 at Debbens.

Is it vibrating in a discrete rev range or all the way through?

Had my existing 17mm crank stripped, cleaned, trued and welded by SEP ten years ago and its still going like a mad man. They said at that time that it 'didnt look good'. I had it done then because it used to vibrate hard between 4500 and 5000 and ten years on it still does it!!!!! Its done several years of drag racing and sprinting since then and for the last six years its never been out of the redline on 60+ track days!!!!

I think Chris Appleby still does them as does Chris Tombleson and probably SEP who charged me about £150 back then.

How are the front engine damper rubbers and is the rear upper fixing bolt overly tight?

AL
1981 J1

z1bman
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Vibration

#3 PostAuthor: z1bman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:46 pm

could be the clutch bearing or the spring in the back of the basket

Return to “Bike Help”