Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Steering Damper

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Scubakawa
new poster

Steering Damper

#1 PostAuthor: Scubakawa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi as seen elsewhere I have at last got my Z1B 1975 on the road. Now its been a long time and my memory is akin to a goldfish. There is no bracket for the steering damper were they all fitted with one? It might have broken a long time ago and I took it off but don't remember doing that? Anyway there isn't one fitted so can I get one with a bracket to fit to the frame? could make one quite easily but the webbing is in the way? Loads on E bay but don't know if any will fit? Frames been powder courted so welding not really an option.Thanks H.

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Steering Damper

#2 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:03 am

the z1b didn't have a damper as standard but it was an option. they attached to the top side of the bottom yoke and the frame if my memory serves me. I've got one in a box i could live without. i also had it on a later bike and it worked well..cheers mark

Scubakawa
new poster

#3 PostAuthor: Scubakawa » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:37 am

Yeah but there is no bracket on the frame? does yours have a bracket to attach to the frame tube? As you say there is a hole in the yoke for one end but no attachment on my frame for the other end?

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm

hi, there is a small threaded hole on the frame (rhs) , just below the tank at the front edge.(where reflectors go on z900) a small bracket bolts in there and attaches to the damper. cheers mark

Return to “Bike Help”