Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1b Horn and Rear Suspension

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Electricpoet
new poster

Z1b Horn and Rear Suspension

#1 PostAuthor: Electricpoet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi all,
A few questions if I may:
1. My Z1b has a chrome horn which is rusty, if I replace it should it be the black version. I’ve seen both types fitted on the Z1b.

2. The chrome paint on top of my rear shocks has rubbed off due to me forgetting it was plastic. Lesson learnt not to use chrome cleaner on plastic chrome. I‘ve tried to chrome paint the tops but not great and finish spoils if cleaned. Is it worth trying to rechrome or cheaper to replace. I see SAISEI sell premium shocks for £182, are they worth the extra expense over cheaper copies?

3. I must be doing something wrong, every time I try to search the forums, I.e. bike help, although the search often reveals subject matter, whenever I try to open the entry I get “No post exists inside this topic for selected time frame”. I also get this on embedded links. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong, I thought it was my IPad but it’s the same on Laptop. Any help on the above would be appreciated. Cheers Paul. Attached picture of my Z1b.
Attachments
C083D7A8-E8BC-4562-9E47-9E589CA26E00.jpeg

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1b Horn and Rear Suspension

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi Electricpoet
nice Z1B you have there!
If you want to repaint the top of your rear shocks, use enamel model paint (Humbrol). Put on a coat of brilliant black paint first, then apply a coat of chrome paint. You'll see the difference! If you have an airbrush use it, the results can be stunning if you apply a coat of brilliant varnish as a top layer.
Good luck with it.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:10 pm

nice bike. Australian import I'd say..

000zeds
ZedHead
ZedHead

#4 PostAuthor: 000zeds » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 am

8 Valve Mark wrote:nice bike. Australian import I'd say..

My thoughts exactly :ups :ups :ups
Zeds-R-Us

Electricpoet
new poster

#5 PostAuthor: Electricpoet » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Philippe
Thanks for the info,nothing to lose so will do as you suggest and give enamel paint a go. Cheers.

8 Valve Mark/000zeds
I was under the impression that it was an American spec bike imported in1999 but looking at my paperwork have no real evidence of this, would the frame and Engine number give a clue:
Frame Z1F 76340 & Engine Z1E 76556.
Why do you think it’s an Australian import and not US. Thanks for the previous reply :) . Paul

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Electricpoet wrote:Why do you think it’s an Australian import and not US. Thanks for the previous reply :) . Paul

Looks like it comes from the land down under

:wink:

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm

it looks like bruce and sheila's old bike ehh?(god rest them, gone too soon)..

Electricpoet
new poster

#8 PostAuthor: Electricpoet » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Yes it was bought from Ramsey Street, will teach me not to hold my IPad upside down. :shock:

Can anyone confirm the correct colour of the original horn on Z1b, black or chrome¿

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#9 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Electricpoet wrote:Yes it was bought from Ramsey Street, will teach me not to hold my IPad upside down. :shock:

Can anyone confirm the correct colour of the original horn on Z1b, black or chrome¿

you got the joke eventually! :D :D click on the pic and it appears as normal. cheers mark ps I've seen plenty of u. s. bikes with chrome horns.i have some spares. can you post a photo of yours?

Return to “Bike Help”