Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Exhaust?....

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Exhaust?....

#1 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 pm

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

gpjes
100Club
100Club

Re: Exhaust?....

#2 PostAuthor: gpjes » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:43 am

Just shy by a tiny bit on the rear footrest mount however I am talking about my Harris which is for a Z1000J, but here's a fun idea, so from Delkevic, you can buy,,, the front pipes down to where you would join on, you know the back bit, the what if you speak to those bugeroos at motarbo in Halifax? who make a stainless harris type tail,? so, ebay item, 271852693208 and182169570786, now if these two get to join together and kinda join up, for us reprobates of the mid eighties, you would have, besides your steelies for cars that got too close! one full stainless steel harris lookalike full four into one exhaust, for around £340, Luvvverly :eek
More Smiles Per Mile

Taffus

#3 PostAuthor: Taffus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Ring Delkevik....

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 am

Delkevik do a different model for Z1R. Model numder is COM2786

Gus
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Gus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

"Set the GRINDER on it"

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:53 pm

ZedHead wrote:Delkevik do a different model for Z1R. Model numder is COM2786

Already seen the one Delkevik advertise for the Z1R and as you say is a different part number (and twice the price) just wondered if this was a chance to save a few ££'s if this one was the same headers just a different footrest mount bracket perhaps. ( ie just a case of fabricating a bracket for the hanger).
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm

The z1000st has a wider swing arm (around 40mm) I suspect the silencer will sit further out if fitted to a Z1R.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

gpjes
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: gpjes » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 am

Yes Adrian that's right,

Thing to remember is that Mk2, E1,E2, and stuff after all had footrest hangers and I found by trying to fit to my Z1R,78, on my E2, it sat behind the footrest bracket, so it looks like the 4into1 straight pipe delkevic for me, I tried swopping stuff around, and have come to the conclusion that it don't fit correctly, I first mounted it inside the rear foot rest bracket, looks really good, but fouls the swing arm, so relocated, when all tightened touches the oilfilter housing bolt and number one and two are tight against each other so just not right, this ain't no black lettered harris its a modern piece built to a cost, its brand new, never been outside on a bike, so the marving which came with my 1R, i'll probably sell and the harris can go back on old 1075shaftie, and i'll invest in the straight pipe version as it weighs diddlysquat, and 5 years warranty :D
More Smiles Per Mile

Return to “Bike Help”