Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Clutch adjuster J type three bearing.

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Clutch adjuster J type three bearing.

#16 PostAuthor: Al » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:59 pm

I read that as COMPlete but in truth i cant see that that can be relevant because they are just assorted COMPonent parts. If you want to increase the leverage (mechanical advantage) you could look at rotating the arm on the mobile part. Needless to say this will require a splat of MIG afterwards to stop it returning to its original location!!
Just to be clear, if you have a cover with the helical spiral (worm drive) fixed to it, you cannot change it directly for the three bearing face cam type. You would need the other sort of outer casing because they are machined differently. I dont know how the PMC kit works but suspect it may be adapted to fit with the helical spiral type but ive not seen one to be able to see.

AL
1981 J1

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am

Al wrote:I read that as COMPlete but in truth i cant see that that can be relevant because they are just assorted COMPonent parts. If you want to increase the leverage (mechanical advantage) you could look at rotating the arm on the mobile part. Needless to say this will require a splat of MIG afterwards to stop it returning to its original location!!
Just to be clear, if you have a cover with the helical spiral (worm drive) fixed to it, you cannot change it directly for the three bearing face cam type. You would need the other sort of outer casing because they are machined differently. I dont know how the PMC kit works but suspect it may be adapted to fit with the helical spiral type but ive not seen one to be able to see.

AL

The cam and ball type is significantly easier to use than the earlier helical design, which I imagine is why KHI redesigned it. The PMC kit is mainly intended to convert eariler Z1 - Z1000 models by replacing the release housing fitted to the sprocket cover. It can also be fitted to earlier J models, although the push rod is different length and diameter, meaning either the original has to be shortened or a new one made.

If converting an earlier J using Kawasaki parts as suggested you would need to factor in the cost of replacing the sprocket cover, otherwise it should be straight forward.

The attached provides a better description of the PMC kit.

72-230 Easy Clutch KIT.doc
(446.5 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

rickm
100Club
100Club

#18 PostAuthor: rickm » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 am

Looks like a good piece of kit... although not sure of some of the translation in the instructions !

"Note!: When fixing a locknut, please fix a locknut while fixing as a(2) adjuster never visits attendants by a minus driver."
:??
H2B GPZ900R

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:46 am

rickm wrote:Looks like a good piece of kit... although not sure of some of the translation in the instructions !

"Note!: When fixing a locknut, please fix a locknut while fixing as a(2) adjuster never visits attendants by a minus driver."
:??

Engrish :D

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#20 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm

a road a lubbish.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:15 pm

8 Valve Mark wrote:a road a lubbish.

The instruction need better translation but the kit has proved very popular with those that have fitted it. Including many on this forum. Happy days

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#22 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:37 am

I'm not disputing the product or your sage advice zedhead, just the mumbled instructions quoted by rick.. m

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#23 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am

8 Valve Mark wrote:I'm not disputing the product or your sage advice zedhead, just the mumbled instructions quoted by rick.. m

:up :up :up

Return to “Bike Help”