Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

gpz screen fit

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

petrol sniffer
new poster

gpz screen fit

#1 PostAuthor: petrol sniffer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 am

Hi. There are a few aftermarket screens available for the gpz1100, z1000r etc.
Noticed you can get the skidmarx type and then there are some for sale in Germany. Anybody know if they fit ok or are there others available anyone can recommend . Cheers

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: gpz screen fit

#2 PostAuthor: Al » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:20 pm

The ones from M&P come from the manufacturer (Skidmarx) so no difference there. They are at best; adequate. I think they are a good fit for size but come un-drilled with a daggy set of universal brackets you would not use to put up shelves in the shed. Externally smooth but inside they look like a rats nest. They are also missing (in the case of the square light) the groove that would have allowed external adjustment of the beam via a screw.
Tomforde (Germany ) makes very high quality stuff and though i have not seen one i would bet they are right. Believe they are very expensive too. He also does them in carbon fibre.
I think one of the Jap custom houses makes them as well. It may have been them that i saw recently who makes a wider version of the standard item but might have dreamed that bit!
AL
1981 J1

Return to “Bike Help”