Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000 st

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

tony cox
Regular Poster

Z1000 st

#1 PostAuthor: tony cox » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Hello again . Has any body on here bought replacement a wiring loom from z power if so are there any good , so do I keep my loom and repair it or buy new ?

Wen figar out how to post picks up I will ..
Frame is done
Wheels powder coated
Body work all in primer
Waiting for engine now
Carbs done by vapourworx

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1000 st

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:09 am

Hi Tony
as far as I know Z-power doesn't have a Z1000ST replacement wiring loom...
Repair the one you have. I've bought replacement wiring looms for other models in the past and they're good.

If you want to put pictures on the forum just look under the "reply" window. You see "options" and "attachments".
Click on "attachments"and another window opens. Click on "add files" and go to the pictures on your computer. Select one of your pictures and double click on it. It will load up in the "attachments" window. You can add comments or not.
Choose the place in your reply where you want to put it and click on "place inline". Job done.
You can add up to 9 or 10 pictures in one reply.
Come on, go for it and show us some pictures.
Good luck!
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Mathh
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Mathh » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:23 am

I used a MK2 replica wiring harness as it comes closest to a ST one. Frank Bach from zclassic told me that. You do need to alter some things however.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi Mathh
yes you do have to alter some things, take a look at the topic "differences between Z1000ST and MK2".
The electrical parts are the same but the place where those parts are situated on the bike are completely different!
Cheers
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

tony cox
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: tony cox » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Big thank you for your reply’s , I,ll repair it then , when it all done I’ll post all pics up on here ,

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:06 am

Hi Tony
you're welcome!
It's not that difficult to repair a main loom, just make sure that new connecting blocks are the same as those of the electrical parts. If they're not the same you'll have to change the connecting blocks of the electrical parts too.
Make sure that the lenght of the electrical wires remains the same ... if not, it's hard to connect the loom with the installed parts!
Good luck
Philippe

Return to “Bike Help”