Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1R import MOT requirements

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

Z1R import MOT requirements

#1 PostAuthor: rpeters » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am

IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg (145.3 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
IMG_1336.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg (143.88 KiB) Viewed 2130 times

Z1R delivered, all ok. Quite pleased as i but in some fresh fuel and she started first time. Idles and revs fine, checked everything over and all is good.
I need to get an MOT for the registration, and whilst checking the lights noticed some strange. When i put on the headlight the front indicators also come on!, they stay on and also flash when selected!.
Before i start cutting wires, is this normal for US spec bikes, and also would it be an MOT failure here in UK. To avoid cutting wires and to speed up registration I guess i could get a daytime MOT???.
Also are there any other things in particular i need to change, eg. do i need to replace the headlight?

Cheers

Rob
paid up member

Gus
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1R import MOT requirements

#2 PostAuthor: Gus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

Hi Rob

You would have to remove the indicators and tape over the switch as I believe if they are fitted they must work :roll:

May be a Yankee wiring diagram would show you if there was an extra supply wire you could just un plug to stop the constant supply?

Because of the year you can just remove them I think later bikes have to have them fitted and working but not sure of the cut off year

Cheers

Gus
"Set the GRINDER on it"

chrisu

#3 PostAuthor: chrisu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:18 pm

rpeters wrote:IMG_1337.jpgIMG_1336.jpg

Z1R delivered, all ok. Quite pleased as i but in some fresh fuel and she started first time. Idles and revs fine, checked everything over and all is good.
I need to get an MOT for the registration, and whilst checking the lights noticed some strange. When i put on the headlight the front indicators also come on!, they stay on and also flash when selected!.
Before i start cutting wires, is this normal for US spec bikes, and also would it be an MOT failure here in UK. To avoid cutting wires and to speed up registration I guess i could get a daytime MOT???.
Also are there any other things in particular i need to change, eg. do i need to replace the headlight?

Cheers

Rob

That is normal for USA bikes. Is a left hand drive headlight you can just use black tape to pass.

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Just disconnect the blue side light connections to the indicators, just behind the fairing.
They have long thin terminals and you should be able to just get in without removing the fairing.
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

#5 PostAuthor: rpeters » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Cheers guys
Rob
paid up member

rpeters
Bristol's "H" Hoarder

#6 PostAuthor: rpeters » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 pm

I guess it’s down to an understanding MOT guy :D