Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z900 Throttle Stop Screw

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

steve
100Club
100Club

Z900 Throttle Stop Screw

#1 PostAuthor: steve » Mon May 06, 2019 7:30 am

For those with a Z900, I'm hoping that somebody wouldn't mind checking their throttle stop screw on the carbs, to see what length it is please. The one I have is 49mm long from the underside of the head to the end of the stem. The reason I ask is that there doesn't appear to be very much adjustment which makes me wonder if the screw is a bit short.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Attachments
IMG_6279.JPG

Paulb
100Club
100Club

Re: Z900 Throttle Stop Screw

#2 PostAuthor: Paulb » Mon May 06, 2019 9:29 am

Hi Steve
Didn't take the screw out of my z900 . But I have a spare set of carbs and the screw on them is the same 49mm
Paul
Z900A4.
Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

steve
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: steve » Mon May 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Paul,
Appreciate you checking that for me...thanks.

Out of interest, do you appear to have much adjustment from the point where the throttle stop screw touches the wheel? On the carbs I'm working on I haven't actually measured it but it only seems like a couple of millimetres.

Cheers, Steve

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon May 06, 2019 12:37 pm

steve wrote:Hi Paul,
Appreciate you checking that for me...thanks.
Out of interest, do you appear to have much adjustment from the point where the throttle stop screw touches the wheel? On the carbs I'm working on I haven't actually measured it but it only seems like a couple of millimetres.
Cheers, Steve

Steve, There's usually only about a maximum of 3-4mm before the spring is fully compressed. 1mm of travel makes a bit difference to the tickover speed.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Philippe » Wed May 08, 2019 2:55 am

Hi Steve
did you disassembled the carbs? If you did, and when you reassembled them, did you start with screwing the throttle stop screw halfway in before giving an initial synchronisation to the carbs?
If you didn't do that there's a big chance that's the reason why you don't have enough play to adjust the idling speed.
Think about it.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Bike Help”