Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Fuel Tap

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

mickthevin
new poster

Fuel Tap

#1 PostAuthor: mickthevin » Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Bit confused - my z1000a2 has a fuel tap with 3 outlets - all diagrams I have show 2 outlets. One is the the main outlet at the bottom and then have 2 outlets at the back of the tap. Had the tank off the other day and since putting it back on the bike wont start. Checking to see if its fuel starvation and think I might have put the hoses on the wrong way. Both of the outlets at the back are the same size and the hoses go between 1 and 2 carbs and the other 3 and 4. Can anyone advise - Mick

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Fuel Tap

#2 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sat May 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Mick, the third one is the vacuum pipe to pull in the diaphram. It feeds off the manifolds.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Fuel Tap

#3 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat May 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Mick
the third pipe should be connected to the number 3 carb to create a vacuum in order to allow the diafragm in the tap to open.
If you put the lever of the tap on "pri" the fuel will run to the carbs without the engine running.
Good luck
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Bike Help”