Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z900a4 servicing Leicester/Northants

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Harboroughchris
new poster

Z900a4 servicing Leicester/Northants

#1 PostAuthor: Harboroughchris » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:14 am

Can anyone help me to find a classic servicing company as my bike has just been restored and will need a service and a bit of a look at as the bike has not been riden since 2004.

My love of zeds has got hold of me again so here I am in my late 50's riding my bike - very cautiously and would appreciate a bit of help.
Many thanks.
Chris

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z900a4 servicing Leicester/Northants

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am

Hi Chris
good for you that you joined the club.
Maybe you could show us some pictures of the bike.
It'll be hard to find a servicing company that can work on your bike. Perhaps some club members can help you to find one.
Good luck with teh bike!
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

crossthread
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: crossthread » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 am

Hi Chris , as a retired (car) technician I can tell you that most times a service only involves paying someone vast amounts of money just to look at your vehicle (bike) . You can do this yourself , check it over , does it work ? is it seized ? is it loose ? is it bent ? has it fallen off ? OK , some things are a bit more complicated , but honestly , a basic service doesn't include anything you can't do yourself . AND , you will be the one who will ride it . Some mechanics that I have worked with I wouldn't trust to service my wheelbarrow . ( Yes , I know some are brilliant , No offence meant )

chrisu

#4 PostAuthor: chrisu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 pm

agree - do it yourself but if you have a specific question there's lots on here who can help.

just restored you said - so oil/filters all done ? also if the heads been of it'll need retorquing.

what's been done on the restore ?

Wheel bearings, engine, chain and sprockets, tyres, brake pads/shoes etc etc all should have been checked/replaced. Old tyres will be like concrete !

Download a copy of the workshop manual and ask away.

Harboroughchris
new poster

#5 PostAuthor: Harboroughchris » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you for your help with my servicing post.
I am planning to do as much as I can but things like carbs I find tricky but will have a go.
I will put a photo of my bike up on here soon.
Thanks.
Chris

Return to “Bike Help”