Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Gsxr slabside 29mm carbs

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Gsxr slabside 29mm carbs

#16 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 am

needaz1100r wrote:
Julian_Boolean wrote:They look like the standard GSXR VM29SS carbs, they're 29mm on one side of the slide and 33mm on the other, I can't remember which way round.

They sit in the same rubbers as standard 34mm so I was thinking it was the engine side, but you are right, they narrow a lot at the slide and that's where the 29mm comes from.

On GSXRs RS34s slot straight into the standard rubbers, on my Unitrak head RS34s require a certain amount of pressure to go into the rubbers (a ratchet strap helps a lot)
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

needaz1100r
ZedHead
ZedHead

Re: Gsxr slabside 29mm carbs

#17 PostAuthor: needaz1100r » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:38 am

Julian_Boolean wrote:
needaz1100r wrote:
Julian_Boolean wrote:They look like the standard GSXR VM29SS carbs, they're 29mm on one side of the slide and 33mm on the other, I can't remember which way round.

They sit in the same rubbers as standard 34mm so I was thinking it was the engine side, but you are right, they narrow a lot at the slide and that's where the 29mm comes from.

On GSXRs RS34s slot straight into the standard rubbers, on my Unitrak head RS34s require a certain amount of pressure to go into the rubbers (a ratchet strap helps a lot)

I was meaning they go in the 34mm rubbers found on GS1000CVs and later Zed J style heads but not the 26/28mm style rubbers that will be in Mr swirl's head.
Cheers,

Mark.

Return to “Bike Help”