Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1100R REAR MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

Z1100R REAR MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT

#1 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Think the seal has gone, found a drip of brake fluid coming from under the rear master cylinder, has anyone bought a repair kit from a supplier they can recommend to save me time trawling the web??
Thanks

Dave
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

walshyco
100Club
100Club

Re: Z1100R REAR MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT

#2 PostAuthor: walshyco » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:30 pm

I’m not sure if these guys list your item, but they are great people to deal with, worth a call.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-KR1 ... xyBXNSWpLp

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z1100R REAR MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT

#3 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:25 am

walshyco wrote:I’m not sure if these guys list your item, but they are great people to deal with, worth a call.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-KR1 ... xyBXNSWpLp

thanks very much, have ordered a kit, seem to be good quality, appreciate the help
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

Z1100R MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR

#4 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:22 pm

So today prior to taking bike for mot etc and repair later in week, I just had a blinding flash, and blame it on old age, but I had ordered a caliper repair kit!!

No worries I thought, contact powerhouse and order the master cylinder kit, turns out, Kawasaki no longer make it, conformed by ZPower, so after much searching, I THINK, the various 1100 models from the 80's share the same master cylinder rebuild kit, so I ordered one off ebay, (£22) and can only hope it does the job.

I crawled under bike today and the fluid was all collected round about the master cylinder dust cover, so something must be knackered.

Has anyone had this same problem with their ELR, and how did you get round it, I would be grateful for advice.

Cheers

Dave
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

Return to “Bike Help”