Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Replacement Cam Chain

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

johny brando
100Club
100Club

Replacement Cam Chain

#1 PostAuthor: johny brando » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:03 am

900 Kawa Cam Chain replacement .........I used to fit & use DID 219 FTS (S) 122 link endless chain but I can't seem to now find it anywhere for a 900 Kawa ??? the 2nd ( S ) denotes it as a Heavier Duty chain than the standard replacement chain . I can't think why they would have dropped that option from the range ??? Anyone got any ideas or info on that, or any other decent well known brand Heavy Duty replacement Cam Chains for 900's. I think Wiseco used to do Heavy duty Cam Chains too .......but for a 900 Kawa's ??? I think APE do comp chains but is it Heavy duty in that it will = be longer lasting under normal use & thats what I'm more after again......... as some race chains are not necessarily longer lasting but have other enhanced qualities... like less frictional drag but I'm not sure if they'd actually last the same , less, any longer than a standard OEM chain . Any thoughts any one ? Cheers all .

Swirl
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Replacement Cam Chain

#2 PostAuthor: Swirl » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:24 am

Tsubasaki camellia chain in mine, no idea how it compares to the others thou :)

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am

Tsubaki stopped selling the HD camellia cam chains for the Zeds a while ago but you can still find the odd one on ebay.
APE now supply an equivalent HD which is what I would buy.( probably still made by Tsubaki for all I know and cut and packaged at APE.)
As for longevity i have HD ones in all my Zeds and my daily Z1R has had one in for 20 years and it's still good as new.

Swirl
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: Swirl » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm

zed1015 wrote:Tsubaki stopped selling the HD camellia cam chains for the Zeds a while ago but you can still find the odd one on ebay.
APE now supply an equivalent HD which is what I would buy.( probably still made by Tsubaki for all I know and cut and packaged at APE.)
As for longevity i have HD ones in all my Zeds and my daily Z1R has had one in for 20 years and it's still good as new.

That explains when I bought mine a few years ago with the other new bits that went in when I asked for the chain on the phone he said yes I have one of those probably the last one, at the time i didn't quite understand what it ment, now it is clear :D

Return to “Bike Help”